In Contact with Many, Connected with Few
Revitalize Meaningful Connections in Your Personal and Professional Life
Have you ever asked yourself why you choose every day to spend less time interacting with people in person and more time sending and receiving brief digital messages while sitting alone behind a pixilated screen? As we furiously type into our keypads in search of the Holy Grail – an empty inbox – our happiness and well-being dissipates.
On a team level, our cohesion and team unity has also decayed as we engage in “efficient” online team dialogues that serve mostly to generate reduced morale, polarization and silos.
Never in human history have we been in contact with so many people and connected with so few. In this cutting-edge workshop, CSL will help you to first identify the inner motivations stimulated in our technology age that steer you away from meaningful connections with others and toward an empty, isolated existence. CSL will then help you and/or your team to design strategies to leverage the benefits of technology while not allowing it to continue distracting you from what you most value.
Read CSL President Anthony Silard’s article, From Face-to-Face to Facebook.
This leadership workshop will have a tremendous positive impact on:
- The capacity of your organization to raise funds for its programs
- The passion, commitment and effectiveness of your staff
- The spirit, motivation and unity of your team
Some specific results that you can expect to see are:
- Increased emotional well-being among your staff
- Greater team cohesion and morale as your team members increase their comfort with stepping away from their computers and developing their interpersonal relationships
- Increased productivity and results-orientation of your team through less time wasted on non-work-related online distractions and an enhanced capacity to focus on mission-driven tasks and responsibilities
- An enhanced capacity of your team for innovation as they spend less time online and more time thinking ‘out of the box’ to develop and refine programs for your organization
- More honesty and authenticity among managers and staff, yielding improved work communication, more teamwork and better results
- Improved internal communication between and within departments
- More patience among managers and improved managerial capacity and emotional resilience to handle ‘difficult staff’
- Many more staff who connect with the passion of the leader and are willing to work hard toward a mission they easily understand and believe in
- Managers and staff who ‘bounce back’ from challenges more quickly and maintain their focus on the organizational mission and goals